Friday January 31 2020
Quest Theatre PD Day Camps for kids aged 9-12! Each PD day camp features new classes and theatrical ideas and ends with a sharing of what they’ve worked on!
- Quest Theatre T-Shirt
- Drop off from 8.30am
- Theatrics from 9am-4pm with a professional theatre artist
- Supervised lunchbreak (bring your own packed lunch)
- Outdoor time
- Daily Demo (sharing at the end of the day)
- After care until 5pm
Friday November 22, 2019 - Clowning
- This creative day focuses on clowning: a classic form of theatre that never gets old – especially for this age group! Students will explore beginner clowning techniques of status, character, and plot development sure to have them all in stitches. Other drama games and outdoor time included. The day includes a Daily Demo: a short sharing of the silly, ridiculous and brilliant highlights of the day. And of course, every child receives their own red nose!
Friday January 31, 2020 - Stage Combat
- This creative day focuses on stage combat. Using wooden swords especially made for youngsters, and simple tricks of the trade in hand to hand combat, students will create their own routines with a partner. Discipline, safety, and teamwork are demanded of students as they work out and break down the choreography of creating a good fight. As always, outdoor time, other drama games and a Daily Demo of their work are all included.
Friday March 20, 2020 - Mask And Puppetry
- This creative day focuses on mask and puppetry. Bring out the non-verbal expression of your kid as they explore the whimsical effects of mask and puppets. Make a tape and paper puppet and explore how to bring it to life. Discover how different masks can interact with different ways of moving to make unique characters. Outdoor time and other drama introductory games included. Share your solo work at the day’s end Daily Demo with caregivers.
Monday April 27, 2020 - Song and Dance
- This creative day is the perfect introduction to musical theatre. If you suspect your child might enjoy singing a new tune while they perfect a little dance routine this class is a fun introduction. Students will collaborate to incorporate original ideas in this energetic, musical day. No previous experience necessary. Outdoor time and other drama introductory games are included. And what kind of song and dance class would it be with out a Daily Demo of our big finale created and learned in just one day!
Friday May 15, 2020 - Improv
- This creative day has an improvisation focus. Students will play games that encourage story creation, character development, imaginative dialogue, quick thinking, and teamwork. Other drama games and outdoor time help to build fun and friendships within the group. The day includes a Daily Demo: a short sharing of the ridiculous, organic and brilliant highlights of the day. Sign up for a low commitment day and see if your child enjoys theatrical play.
Want to bring a family member or a friend along? Call us a week or more prior to the start of camp and receive a $5.00 discount each when booking together!
Call the Quest Offices at 403-264-8575 to book or for more details.
Quest Theatre Rehearsal Hall
@cSPACE King Edward
1721 29th Ave SW - Suite 325
Calgary AB T2T 6T7
requires additional registration information before completing the sale
such as attendee names (if it will not be yourself). You may need to add other
member(s) to your household in your account details.
This is done after you have logged in and prior to paying for the sale. You will be prompted as neccessary.
Course Notes/Registration Information
STAGE COMBAT - A fun day camp for 9-12 year olds to gain experience in theatrical creation and drama skills. Today we put up our swords and get ready to battle in a day of Stage Combat.